Week 2

12:42 AM


I'm falling behind. The second week we spent in New York was just as great as the first with the simple exception that I didn't get lost! 

Taylor's training has been intensive and there are a series of tests and quizzes that dominate his time. He has some fun, too. Check out our week's highlights:


I spent several hours on Monday searching for a bridesmaid dress. If you know what Century 21 is, (not the movie theaters) you know that it's crazy. 


I explored Chelsea Market with Cami Needs and Jessica Taylor. We met there for lunch and there were soooo many amazing options but we settled on Giovanni Rana and the delectable fresh pasta options. BUT! Do you see the third restaurant down on the left side? I had to go check it out :)


Just a picture for now. I'll have to go back and partake. 

This was my meal from the market. The guy who took our order decided to 'help' as we decided what to devour. "Do you like cheese? Do you like pasta? Ok, you get this ravioli" haha It was great but I'll definitely try a marinara thing that they were offering as a sample and smelled like victory.

I walked by an antique shop and just HAD to go in. I am in love with typewriters. I have been since I was 5. My parents even attempted to get me one but somehow, within only a day it would stop working and we would send it back. Eventually I believe that we have up the endeavor and I never got a typewriter. If I didn't have to find a way to lug this bad boy across the ocean (for cheap) I would have gotten it in a heartbeat. It's in wonderful condition. Someday....

Treasures...or junk... But lots of it!

Flat Iron building. An icon that can't be missed. It's also a stone's throw away from a Shake Shack that's in Madison Square park so....

Taylor got home from work and we went for a walk/quick grocery store trip. He treated me to my very FIRST EVER ice cream from a truck. And it was good ice cream! Tay got the double chocolate dip.

And I got double cherry dipped ice cream.

And because it's hot in NYC, it got really messy, really fast.
That's one thing I love and appreciate more now about Utah summers: even though it's desert hot during the day, it get nice and desert cool at night. 

Oh, and we were walking around watching a dry lightning storm until we saw the wall of rain coming toward us. We ducked in to the store just in time to not get soaked. 

Bruce, my father-in-law, had another meeting in the New York office! He decided to make a weekend trip of his Monday commitment and brought Jake and Peter, brothers-in-law, with him on Friday night.
We met up with Colleen! I had never actually met her before last week, only heard the most wonderful stories. It was lovely to see the superwoman in person! 

After Taylor was finished with training for the day (and Jon had completed his last day of training in NYC), we saw the new Planet of the Apes movie (a little too intense for me probably) and got dinner at Wei West. Everyone was happy with what they ordered. My pad Thai was the bomb. 
All in all, a cute date night and a sweet, temporary farewell to Jon as he traveled back to SLC to his lovely wife and a new job! 

It is not as enjoyable to do a lot of my New York bucket list items alone but I know the opportunity to be here is going by quickly. On days when I don't feel like going far from our apartment, reading on a bench looking at this view of the Hudson is still pretty fantastic in my book.

Our weekend with the Larson gang need it's own post again. I'm going to catch up and stay on top of these updates. Promise!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images