Weekend Adventures with the boys

4:19 AM

Since Taylor and I got married (8 months ago today!), I seem to be greatly outnumbered by boys. It happens and mostly I'm fine with it EXCEPT when it means that I have to ride all the tallest and fastest roller coasters in the world.

Actually it wasn't all bad. Taylor, Nick, Jon and I went to Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey and had a 'six flags day'. Because I didn't want to wait alone all day while Taylor, Nick, and Jon had all the fun, I had to ride the rides. All except Zoomanjaro, of course. No, thank you. 

This is what the subway stop looks like at 8am on a Saturday. On our way uptown to meet Nick at the George Washington bridge. 

View from the top of the Ferris wheel. I had never been on one before! Of all the rides, the boys were freaking out most about this one... pffft. Puh-lease. 

The superman ride. I had to do it for my brother Danny who is a real life superman. Pretty nifty ride that makes you feel like you're flying!

Instead of returning to Manhattan for the night, we drove up to Connecticut to attend the meetings held in New Canaan, (where Taylor lived in his most formative years). I have only been here once before but the people were as familiar as any back home in Utah. We will always love New Canaan.

Sunday was Nick's 22nd birthday! He forgot to tell anyone until about 5 minutes before he was headed to the airport so he didn't actually get out of the impromptu singing! Dinner in the Read's backyard was lovely. We're grateful for wonderful friends!

Train from New Canaan back to the city. I love love love Grand Central station. It's a beautiful place.

This is random but let me tell you something funny about Taylor. He is the easiest person for which I will ever make a sandwich. Probably. After growing up with my father and brothers who delight in elaborate sandwich creations, Taylor is a mystery. He eats his sandwiches completely dry. Doesn't like any condiments of any kind. I don't blame him for hating mayonnaise (any returned missionary from Argentina is likely to have the same aversion) but he won't even kiss me after I eat something that had mustard on it. 
It's ok. I kind of love it. It means making him a sandwich takes about 10 seconds. No complaints from the chef!

We got home (anywhere we sleep turns into 'home') and prepared for another crazy, wonderful week. 

For those interested, we have all of our belongings with us that we will take directly to London. We had a great stroke of luck and had dear family members able to check some bags for us so that we would only have to pay extra baggage fees once. Turns out to be quite more economic than international shipping

But for anyone looking into shipping abroad, make sure you don't forget about the USPS and options like media mail. We weighed and measured a couple of boxes for shipping our winter clothes at a later date and it turned out to cost just under $200 for a 50 lb box of our own measurements. There's a handy dandy link on the USPS website to help calculate the cost for you! 
We also tried FedEx which is not a bad choice. However, I have to clarify that we decided not to bring much more than our clothes, electronics and some kitchen tools. If you are shipping more or larger items such as furniture, you'll definitely have to look elsewhere. 

Posts will come more frequently now. Promise! Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images