We love weekends!

6:20 AM

I don't get to see as much of Taylor as I used to. After we graduated, we were spoiled by spending almost all day, every single day together. We were apart for very few things (like when he went golfing haha). We love to doing everything we can together so this whole schedule with intense, long hours is not my favorite. And yet, I will cope. Because I have no choice. :) 

But weekends are a whole other story!

The US courthouse

Right behind City Hall

I scarfed before I had the state of mind to snap a picture of my delightful crepe from a stand that sits directly across the street from City Hall. I loooove savory crepes. This is chicken pesto. The best kind.  

Taylor's was similar to mine. Tasty and filling. Favorite kind of breakfast. Does anyone else still feel kind of hungry after cereal, or is it just me?

The boys requested a Yankee game. It was a good one. Hotter than Hades but great. 

It's a magnificent stadium. Played the Toronto Bue Jays. 

The fam. Plus friend Ben. 

I didn't want peanut or crackerjacks but the popcorn was pretty stinking perfect. 

We walked up to the Chelsea Pier for some bowling. Had we known about the strict dress code, we would have spiffed up. An employee came over and asked those wearing hats to remove them as they are not permitted after 9:00pm. I wish they had standards like that in their bathrooms which were atrocious. 

We had to visit friends in New Canaan! And when in New Canaan, one must eat at Chicken Joe's. I'll let you in on a secret, I like it better than Chick-fil-A....*gasp!* 

It feels like home...

We walked around the outside of the Larson's former residence. It was my first time seeing it in person. These guys were reminiscing about their many happy years here. 

It might be creepy but we knew no one was around :)

A beautiful home
We had dinner with lovely friends. Sad I didn't get a picture of all of them. However, can we all just take a second and applaud dear friend Amy Anger for her masterpiece work with this triplet high chair? She had a need and she made it happen with her own two hands. Color me impressed!

We drove past the Little Red Schoolhouse. A darling historic site in New Canaan. What a wonderful day. 

Bruce had that meeting so we got to hang out. Little did they know that when they ask for crepes, they're in for a whole day full of Suzette's. When this place popped up on yelp, of course we had to go!

Just in case you're in downtown NYC sometime and want to check out my name sake haha

I don't remember what number this is on the menu but I went with a sweet one this time. Greek yogurt, strawberries and bananas. They were out of the kiwi that are also supposed to be included. 

Another thing the boys wanted to go do. (After Canal st and Chinatown, of course) I think it's totally worth it. I haven't been up to the Empire State Building but the Rock is more economical and is a great time. 


See the Empire State Building over there? I bet you don't get the spectacular view of Central Park (below) from there that you do from the Top of the Rock. 

See what I mean?

He likes me. I think...

We did some more strolling. Went to see what we could see in Times Square and headed back to the hotel. Dinner at PJ Clarkes was....ok. The lobster macaroni and cheese could have been better but the server messed up my order thinking I didn't want the jalapeños (like Peter had asked for) and gave me a version with peas. I thoroughly dislike peas. Blech. 

I love living near water. Docks like this remind me of Juneau, Alaska and I feel right at home. 

A lovely sunset over the New Jerey skyline. The tallest building on the left was where Taylor was still in training while we walked along the Hudson up to our next activity. He goes to the Jersey City GS office every day for training. 
 
It's just too beautiful to not post. 

I love all these parks. 

Mini golf. No matter how good a golfer you might be, ANYONE has a chance on a mini golf course. Ask Jake how he felt that I beat him. That's all that matters. 

It was a glorious 'long weekend'. What a blast from Friday to Monday. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images