Eating Like Royalty...or at least WHERE they eat

11:30 PM

I took the tube home one day to avoid some crazy traffic. (It took the better part of an hour to get 6 blocks away from work. I know, I know, I should have gotten off the bus much sooner. Could easily walk home faster than that) The Bakerloo line is not the nicest of the Underground lines but it has its charms. Like never being very busy between the stops I frequent! However, I'm pretty sure this was my very first time travelling completely alone in a carriage. Pretty cool!

My friend Nick, classmate from the good ol' University of Utah, was in town for a study abroad. I LOVE to see people from the old country ;) so we went to dinner with him! Since we share a love of England, it seemed wonderfully fitting to eat where Princess Diana used to love to dine. A funky Italian place called Da Mario's (the one on Gloucester* Road) that serves the classics Naples-style: pasta, seafood and thin-crust pizza. (*remember the pronunciation of this? I feel like I explain it every time...)

We had Da Mario's pizza and the cream sauce pasta. Mmm, mmm good!

A tribute to a beloved patron.

The weather is getting nice much faster than I anticipated. It has gone from frighteningly cold to decently warm (with chilly winds some nights, hence the lady feeling chilly in the pic above) practically overnight. Here's to summer nights in London!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images