Thorpe Park

10:00 PM

We feel an urgency to make the most of good weather weekends this summer. So the clear, warm weather in the forecast spurred us into a spontaneous amusement park trip. We have had Thorpe Park on our list of places to go near London since we saw a voucher for a 2-for-1 ticket on a cereal box 8 months ago. 

It took the tube, a train and a shuttle bus to get there. (From the train station in Staines we spotted an LDS chapel that made us a silly kind of excited)

The amusement park games that are hard/nearly impossible to win but prizes of oversized, stuffed doughnuts were all too appropriate in my life. It was the day after watching my Instagram feed blow up with all my American family and friends celebrating #nationaldoughnutday Winner of all-time doughnut fan goes to my little sister @rutievon!!! Haha

Even though dairy makes us sick, Tay and I can't quit it. It's just too good!

The whole park felt like a cross between Seven Peaks and Lagoon to me. (That's for Utah peeps who know what I'm talking about)

The rides were...pretty ok. I had fun. If you ask my thrill-seeking husband he would say it was sub-par to other parks. It's true, nothing to boast other than the rides with double-digits loops that was closed (traumatic crash at a similar park in the UK closed, crash caused multiple casualties).
The waiting in line wasn't that bad either. Longest we waited was 90 minutes for the Swarm ride. It ended up being a waste since later in the day, when everyone who had gotten wet on the water rides and the kids had left, all the rides were less than 20 minute waits. 

Things we find funny. There are more pictures like this out there but some inappropriate for our blog... It makes you wonder who decided the signs are ok for public use.
Last ride of the day we actually got on twice in a row after riding once before in the day. It's the Swift? Goes from 0-80 in 2.3 seconds, straight up into the sky and the plummets straight down. It's going so fast that it's over in less than 15 seconds.   Very intense!

I love my guy. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images