Matilda - The Musical

6:15 PM

I love London. It's just an amazing place to be. Even on a Saturday when we haven't 'planned anything fun' we had a fantastic day!

We took the tube to Liverpool Street Station and walked up to Spitalfields Market. On the way, we ran into a free swing dancing event. There were clearly skills of all levels and they looked like they were having a great time! This tent will be going up twice a month through summer.
Things like this make me smile because even though I don't dance, there are so many great things like this going on everywhere, ALL THE TIME!

Spitalfields Market. Lots of clothing, knick-knacks, art, jewelry and food! It was the food I was most intrigued by (shocker) because they had Egyptian street food, Italian pizza (with a portable fire oven...what?) and other cultural goods whose smells were tingling my nose. Have to go back!

We always have room in our tummies to try a new milkshake. Loved the Oreo!!! Still not as thick as Ed's Diner but the Diner has a pretty rocking playlist and super flavourful Oreo shake! I'm pretty sure there was maple syrup in there....

Christ Church at Spitalfields.

Added to my ever-growing food list. One thing this girl can appreciate is some legit Mexican food. Get in my belly!!

So in my days before my full time job, I would just pick a tube station to get out and explore. I had heard of and seen pictures of Neal's Yard but hadn't gotten to it. Taylor and I have gone to Covent Garden loads of times and didn't know we were so close to this little colourful nook. 
We made the slight detour to see it on our way to the Cambridge Theatre. I have wanted to see Matilda for a long time. I have friends that have raved about it for months and so we decided to inquire about evening performance tickets for that same evening! 

There are tricks to finding discount tickets like lastminute.com or going to Leicester Square ticket booths but we ended up getting a pretty great deal for two single tickets! It's not the greatest to sit 'alone' in a new show since Taylor and I like to share our reactions to each number but 6 seats away isn't a big deal when you're getting the tickets for 50% off. 

Verdict: I enjoyed the show very much!...Taylor, not so much. There are a lot of children in the show whose choreography was pretty intense. It was impressive but too much at times. There were two really great numbers but overall we decided that it's not the kind of score that we would listen to all the time.
Great story, entertaining cast and excellent props and sets. Especially a particularly spectacular stunt with the pigtail girl!

One fun day in London Town 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images