My goal for blogging

2:29 AM

I keep thinking that I can only blog when something wonderful happens. Like only once-in-a-lifetime events and achievements are worth recording and posting.


It's a nagging thought. 

BUT I follow some pretty great blogs and one amazing example inspires me to be a little more thoughtful. A little more attention and I would see the grandeur of life around me. I know that there are tender mercies that are meant to stregthen my testimony of my loving Heavenly Father. 

An attitude of gratitude. 

ESPECIALLY right now. My happy thought when school gets out of control, when I feel like complaining or when I just feel like I'm going crazy: London, UK. I'm basically already gone. I know my fight will be with the biggest desire to over-document our time living in Europe. I know I'll be posting stuff all the time. I would love to LIVE in a museum. Walk in Hyde park every single day. Go to Paris on the weekend. See a show on the west end. See everything there is to see. 

However, we still have a life NOW. I have lived in Utah basically my whole life, Taylor has been here for a few years, but that shouldn't make it un-interesting. Our friends are here, our family is here. And while we will make new friends, we can't replace the old ones and can't bring the whole family with us. 





There are treasures here. I want to remember that. And that's my goal from now until July: Appreciate the here and now and quit worrying about tomorrow so blindly that I completely miss TODAY. 

An attitude of gratitude. :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images