Birthday boy

4:25 AM

As we get older, I feel like we just celebrate birthdays whenever it's most convenient. I don't think that's a bad thing. It's practical. It also gives us excuses to have more than ONE party or birthday dinner. 


So maybe it is actually better than a couple of hours at Chuck E. Cheese as a 3-10 year old... Even though I wished my sweet 16 had been filled with robotic animals singing songs at you. "I say 'happy', you say 'birthday'... Happy! Birthday! Happy! Birthday!"

I digress. 

Birthday breakfast!!! We loooove Ruth's Diner. It was our naughty but oh, so good breakfast that we've been looking forward to for forever! 
It's a cute little place with the most amazing biscuits!

They're the mile-high biscuits. Look how fluffy! 

They are basically heaven. 

Taylor was humoring me and smiling for ONE picture. He had been feeling crappy all morning. 

The BEST hash browns EVER. I'm a tough judge. And these are phenomenal. 

We drove down to Provo together because Taylor had class (I'm on spring break) and an intramural flag football game. Since we were eating naughty things anyway, we topped off the night with Carrabba's and a butter cake from CPK. 
Carrabba's has the best bread. Served warm and with tasty olive oil and herbs. 

If you've never tried butter cake, you have to. I know it sounds weird but it's actually the best thing that will touch your mouth. 

Taylor got his gaming fix after the flag football game. I'm never going to have video games in my house. So he has to play with his brothers. Obviously there was something intense going on. 

Taylor has wanted a place to keep his collar stays and cuff links organized for a long time. I found this men's jewelry box on Amazon and it definitely met my expectations. Taylor was so excited! Several hours after he had opened it and filled it with his things, his thoughts warmed my heart: 'I just feel so...accomplished.' Maybe that's not super romantic but I totally get it. I'm so glad he liked it! 

Our friend Jon asked him for top 3 highlights of year 23. Taylor said:
-getting married
-getting a job
-brother nick came home from his mission. 

Happy 24th, Taylor! Each year is a gift. May we have many, many more birthdays to celebrate together.  











You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images