Ladbroke Grove/Portobello Road/Notting Hill

12:57 PM

I have all those names in the title because all of this area was called Notting Hill. Over the years, it has been broken up into what is now Ladbroke Grove, Notting Hill, and North Kensington 

I work in the North Kensington neighbourhood. This area was once known for its slum housing but housing prices have now risen and it is considered exclusive and upscale now. It flows right into Notting Hill. I got a biography This Boy by Alan Johnson (link to Telegraph article when he won a prize for this book) for Christmas that I have just finished. Alan Johnson, former Labour Cabinet Minister, writes about West London as it was when he was growing up in the 50's. So different from what it looks like now. I would recommend it IF you like biographies. 

Portobello Road Market (blue and white striped awning: that's the PIZZAEAST where Taylor and I had some delicious Pork Belly Pizza)

I haven't visited Portobello road while it was in full swing for quite some time. Best days to be here are Friday and Saturday. Sundays are more antique-y focused.

A beautiful day for stretching my legs during lunch!

I mean....the colours. This is 'happy heart' material.

I feel like I have this love affair with London that I never want to end.


This is a road I frequent because on corner is a store called Garcia's. It's a Spanish/Argentine import place! There is also a cafe attached which I will DEFINITELY try. This is the place I get LEGIT Argentine empanada tapas. They have Truco cards (argentine game that Taylor will have to teach me to play), dulce de leche, and aflajores. I wish I could get excited about alfajores but I just never liked them...

The North Kensington Fire Station. I think it's cute!

West London. Totally different from the East bit. I'll put together my pictures from East London (there aren't too many) and you'll see what I mean. Look for that post!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images