September 2014

4:13 PM

Catching up on the rest of September.


After our outing to Brighton, we explored closer to home.

Family came to visit! Craig and Gail took us to brunch and we took them to Portobello Road! It was great to visit with them and hear about their trip around the UK. 


Brunch at 34. It's in Grosvenor Square, just south of the U.S. Embassy. 


The waffles at 34. Ice cream with breakfast? Yes, please! Caramel instead of maple syrup. Absolutely delightful. I also had a single portion of eggs Benedict that was the best I've ever had anywhere. The yolk was a deep red-orange and incredibly tasty. 


Love the Portobello market! 


I tried to get some photos to show you all what kinds of things are sold in this market. Vintage/antique everything including cameras....


Posters, stamps, figurines, pill boxes. 

Flowers, scarfs, leather goods and so much more. 

A friend and I went to see Billy Elliot at the Victoria Palace Theatre while she stayed with us on an air mattress for a couple of nights. 

The cheap upper seats give very little leg room which didn't bother me in the least. But when Tressa sat down, it was uncomfortable to say the least. This is the side of the world that I never experience. Being short means that my pants are always several inches too long, counters are too high and my feet always dangle from chairs. It also means I fit a lot of places just fine like, airplane seats, child size sleeping bags and

The Hyde Park 2nd ward had a temple day for which a bus was rented to take those who needed a ride out to Surrey where the London LDS temple is located. It took just under an hour to get there and over two hours to fight traffic back into the city.  

It was a beautiful day. 





This duck terrified me. It came right up to me looking for food. I had none to share so I thought it might nibble at me! 

I always feel more at home in a place where I own a library card. I've been a reading fiend since I graduated but really stepped it up a few notches once we moved here. I can get wrapped up in a book for hours. 

Taylor works really late most days. Like, really, REALLY late. So the odd day that he can finish his work by 7 or 8, I bus or tube to his office or some place nearby so that we can eat together. Otherwise, I cook dinner for two, eat my portion and save his half to be his lunch the next day. Works out pretty well except eating alone is lame. 

Bench in front of the Tate Modern.

Millenium Bridge looking back at St. Paul's Cathedral at night is spectacular.

Went back to the same spot a couple of days later.

View of the Thames and St. Paul's from the balcony of the Tate Modern where I spent a blissful few of hours reminiscing all my art history classes.

Grosvenor Square. I had to figure out something at the U.S. Embassy that didn't pan out. It's ok because it gave me a free hour in this park to read a lovely book.

At the east end of the park, that also has a giant statue of FDR, there is a memorial to 9-11-01. I was surprised and touched reading the inscription.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images