Week 5 in NYC

4:34 AM

This whole experience went by like it was in a hurry to be done. 

Taylor kept unpredictable hours. A little annoying and lots disappointing because we didn't get to do as much together as we had hoped. But it's probably going to the the story of our next couple of years so....good practice. 



Look at this. Look at it! It's a chocolate chip cookie shot! That's milk in a shot glass made of cookie. What?! 
Not only was the milk perfectly chilled but the cookie was delicious.  Let's all stand and applaud the genius of Dominique Ansel! Everyone and their dog has heard of the famous cronut (probably) but how many find this little guy on your menu?? 

Plus, I'm not waking up at 4:30am to wait in line for 3 1/2 hours for any dessert. Doesn't matter how good it is. 
I did watch four bakers work in a flurry getting those cronuts set to rise. Apparently it's a 3-day process to make those cronuts. 

 Also, Madeline's. Hot out of the oven and oh, so perfect. 

Man, oh man. Good thing I didn't know how amazing this place was before this week or I might have come every day. 

I did a mini 'You've Got Mail' tour. I adore that movie and just had to come to Cafe Lalo where they meet with the book and a flower. 
If you've never heard of or seen the 1940 version of this story, I recommend it! Jimmy Stewart in The Shop Around the Corner. 

The stairs that look like this are a huge reason I love the upper west side. 

I failed to find the 152 Riverside awning but I found another memorial I wouldn't have known about with a little exploration. 



It was a misty, rainy day but not too wet to keep me inside. Taylor ended up working a 14 hour day so I needed things to keep me busy. I dislike being home alone. 

Cute bench across the way from the Civil War memorial. 

Sat and read for a while. Just beyond the trees is the Hudson River. A nice quiet spot for a rest. 

The Madeline exhibit celebrating 75 years since it's publication at the New-York Historical Society Museum and Library. It was so great! Goes until October 19. 

Museum of Natural History 



Favorite subway station! 

I HAD to go to Levine's bakery and try one of these cookies. I went all in with the double chocolate. W-O-R-T-H IT. I couldn't eat it all at once-- it's a big mound of cookie going on there-- it took me a whole day to finish!
It's a random hole-in-the-wall place. If I hadn't been looking for it, I would have missed it completely. You have to go down the stairs to get in and see the goodies. 

Just down the street is the Doughnut Plant. Had to try a PB&J doughnut! 

Doughnut pillows! Cutesy cute!

Crunchy peanut butter and blackberry jam. Surprisingly good but I'll be fine with just one in my life. 

I wish you could see this in person. Those are presidents chillin up there on the Surrogates Court building. Across the street from City Hall. 

Homeboy got nice and sick 3 days before we got on the plane. Bad news bears. 

'We love to pack' -said no one ever. 

Goodbye, bedroom. I blanked on taking pictures of the kitchen and living room. I was waiting until we moved all of our junk but we left in a hurry. Friday afternoon traffic heading out of the city, you know?  

Off to London! Direct flight leaving 9pm ET and arriving 9am local time. About 7 hours of actual air time. We'll be zombies because we are terrible at sleeping on planes. Wish us luck!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images