A walk through Kilburn

12:11 PM

One morning on my way to work my bus got re-routed as the most direct route to work was closed off by the police. (you can check the story HERE)

I was annoyed at first because the back roads around this area of Kilburn are unfamiliar to me so I didn't have a 'short-cut' or know how to make my way through the curving or dead end streets without staring at the map on my phone.

The back roads and mews ended up making up for needing to have my phone out for directions :)

















I usually welcome the chance to find my own way to my destination. Getting lost is fun* and I end up finding things I wouldn't have seen if I followed the directions. But in this case I couldn't rationalise meandering around for an hour on my way to work so...

It was a good morning. Autumn is in the air so the chill made my swift pace doable without arriving to the office winded and 'glistening'. I love London too much.

*If I do use an app to get myself around London, CityMapper is my favourite. They have several large cities like D.C., SF Bay Area, Hong Kong, Madrid, Berlin, Paris, Milan....and adding cities all the time. With to-the-minute updates for public transportation, cycles and cars, it's always useful to me. No, it does not always give every single combo of ways (bus/tube or bus/bus/tube or tube only) to get somewhere but it's pretty good and easy to follow even giving you an alert when you need to get off the bus. Good stuff.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images