Taste of London, Taste of Heaven

11:44 PM


Through work, Tamara and I got complimentary tickets to the food festival, Taste of London, in the outer circle of Regent's Park.

I'll give you what's in the picture and recap our favourites at the end!

Pakistani honey mangoes. So so sweet and delicious. Free sample? Don't mind if I do.

Lithuanian BREAD LEMONADE. What? Yes. I tasted zero lemon. No one seemed to be accepting the drinks that had been sitting in the sun so this may have been cool and carbonated at one time but it's hard to tell. It smells like tootsie rolls and yeast but I couldn't pinpoint what it actually tastes like. Not bread, lemonade, or tootsie rolls, that's for sure.
It's made with bread (not sure how) and usually the homemade kind is alcoholic. 

We found The Draper Arms first.
menu: Courgette, Mint, Strawberry and Cow's Curd salad
And from Ember Yard menu:
-Asparagus, peas and goat cheese croquettes with wild garlic pesto
-White Chocolate Panna Cotta with Roasted Peach, Strawberries and Meringue

There were also loads of free samples of just about everything. We grabbed this Raspberry Chocolate Chilli Bang from Mövenpick. A raspberry sorbet, white chocolate ice cream with white chocolate flakes, topped with lemon zest and chilli flakes! Amazing!

Cute little Italian stand for Limoncello. Didn't not partake :)

Free fresh pasta ravioli! Yes, please!!! Cheese ravioli with butter and sage. Simple and delightful.

So many people! Glad we went on a Thursday night and not at the weekend!

That tower out there is the BT tower. (Provides Internet and the fading technology called landlines haha)
Tamara and I specifically sought out only a few places. Lima Floral was one of them.
Menu: Seafood Ceviche, Traditional Tigers Milk, Canchita corn

Also had to try their Alfajores with Dulce de Leche and Amazonian Chocolate

There are demonstration tables all around. We stopped to watch a 'chop restaurant'

At the Modern Pantry we tried a Buttermilk, Lemon and Fennel Seed Cheesecake, Gooseberry and Vanilla Compote.
I could not get over the fennel seeds. So weird. And I don't love cheesecake, especially baked cheesecake. (makes my job hard, you know haha)
(p.s. english cheesecake is cold-set, just a by-the-by)

Mestizo had a Chicken Tinga on the menu that I was game to try (probably my favourite Mexican dish) BUT we walked up and saw that they had tacked on Tamales to the menu. WHAT?! Yes, please. We got two. A Chicken Mole savoury tamal and a sweet Strawberry one.
It was even coloured the same way my Grandma would make them. So special. Mmm mmm good!

I hadn't realised how thirsty I was until we walked by an all-natural popsicle stand. I am always game for mango/passionfruit combos so I jumped on this Orange, Mango, Passionfruit bar. Pretty good!

Barbecoa (by Jamie Oliver)
Menu: Smoked & Fried Wings- White BBQ Sauce, Cashew Nuts
More Barbecoa got us some Salted Peanut Butter Cheesecake- Black Cherries, Sour Cherry Candy Floss. YES.
(Candy floss is UK speak for Cotten Candy)

I wish I had room in my tummy for my all-time favourite cheeseburger at Shake Shack....

Duck & Waffle and Sushisamba shared the most intense booth that we saw. Both restaurant locales have incredible views of the city up high on the 30-something floor. We didn't get anything here so I guess I'll have to try both in the sky-high locales. ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images