Week 4 in NYC

11:15 PM

The second we got back from Utah, I made a drastic decision. I loved my long hair but when I get restless or stress level goes code RED, I usually change my hair. 

And I couldn't be happier with my new length and the lightness of my head!

We moved the table to the balcony for a nice view when we invited a few friends over for dinner on Tuesday night. It was really dark for pictures at dinner but the table outside made for a fabulous breakfast setting.

I went to get us tickets to a show in South Seaport and walked past this place on Fulton Street. The magic words to get me anywhere quickly are 'Argentine empanadas'. Of course, I had to try one! They advertised authenticity and I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I saved my cheese empanada for lunch.

I made my way uptown to Colombia University but got off one stop early on the subway to be able to walk by this iconic spot. Can't say I'm a particular fan of Seinfeld but I had to snap a picture anyway :)

It's easy to love this campus. It is gorgeous and you can smell the intellectual exchanges.
The Low Memorial Library on Colombia campus.
Love love love. 

I took a quick lunch break to try out the cheese empanada. Not quite what I expected. Tasty, but thicker than I am used to. If I find a place that makes argentine empanadas like nearly every man, woman or child I met in Buenos Aires can, I'll be a regular customer. And I'll shout it from the rooftops so that they stay in business! Not like the unfortunate place in Orem, Utah that I loved.

The inside of the Low Memorial Library

I love the ceilings of these old buildings (still the Low Museum)

I wandered west toward this fantastic structure.

There are not many buildings in Utah like this.


I stumbled upon this. I had no idea what it was so I did some investigating. Did you know that General Ulysses S. Grant's tomb overlooks the Hudson River? Neither did I.
I'll save everyone the history lesson. If you need a little help remembering why he was such a big deal, click here and here

Again, the CEILINGS.

President and General Grant and his wife, Julia.

Appottomax Link is just for a refresher or FYI if you didn't study US History. I have a dear friend who went to high school in Ghana so I would have to clue him in when historical references were made. No big deal.

East of Colombia and President Grant's tomb, you run into my most favorite park yet...and I've been to many of them now. Morningside Park.



Cathedral of St. John the Divine

Down to the subway. I don't think I ever took pictures of the subway in Argentina but I don't remember them looking at all like this.

Taylor's co-workers RAVED about this place. They would take precious lunch break minutes to come across the river to Manhattan (they train in the Jersey City office) for this burger. 
Needless to say, we were very excited to try it togeher. 

Looked pretty good, right? Those are sweet potatoes fries with cinnamon sugar, by the way. Taylor loved them. Me? Not such a big sweet potato fry fan usually so this did not float my boat. 
My burger, the Manly, was ginormous. Bacon and battered onions. 
Sad to say, we were not overly impressed. We were specifically told it was better than Shake Shack (I'm obsessed) and it really wasn't. It didn't blow me out of the water. Mine tasted like I was eating a ton of bacon. And I wish that it was as good as it sounds. Oh well. Nice try. 

We got front row tickets from TKTS. Lucky, right? ....except it said we were sitting in PONCHO area. What does that mean? Exactly how you're picturing it. We were so close to the paint and flying food and water that draped over our seat was a poncho for us to wear. 
It was my first Blue Man experience and I LOVED it! Hilarious, entertaining, smelly and thrilling. All in all, a great show. Even though the mashed banana smell made me a little nauseous. :)

Why didn't I ever know that ice cream trucks have awesome ice cream? Gotta get 'em while the getting is good! 
I love this part. Walking down the street, holding hands with Taylor, eating ice cream, and enjoying the summer night. It's the best.

One of my BEST friends is coming to visit. Keira and Suzette adventures to come!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images