Happy second day of spring!!!

10:56 PM


In September 2011, I was serving a mission in Buenos Aires, Argentina. As the seasons are opposite in the lower hemisphere, it was spring. My missionary companion at the time was the dear Kailei Shelley. 



The first day of spring rolled around, we were very pleasantly greeted by everyone with a smiley 'Happy first day of Spring!' Warm greetings are not unusual in Argentina since they greet with a hug and kiss but this was notably increased happiness. Not sure why. 

The next day we were doing weekly planning in our 10-floor flat with the window open to the city. 

Three consecutive sounds of a loud, ringing gun/cannon shots scared the begeebers out of us. 

Kailei recovered much faster than I did (I was waiting for sirens and screaming and/or more shots) and shouted 'HAPPY SECOND DAY OF SPRING!'

Ok, maybe you had to be there but this is something that truly brings joy to my heart. I have been waiting to share this story on the second day of spring! :)

Several things make me happy about this: the laugh that followed the shock, Kailei and her everlasting talent of making the best of any situation, and the flashback from my mission. Serving as a missionary was the best decision for my life and it makes me happy today. 

#100happydays


You Might Also Like

1 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images